Please join us in a tribute to Neil Hanson on December 20th at 4:30 PM at the Forum during the CHS Girls Varsity Game. Neil was involved with CHA for over 20 years as a board member, founder of our Girls Program, and teacher Learn to Skate.
The CHA annual Ice Breaker will be held on February 6th at the Radisson Hotel.
Entertainment by “The Beach House Bums”, team raffle baskets, and door prizes.
The Radisson will be offering rooms at a discounted rate, details to follow.
Tickets will be available through your team rep the beginning of January.
The final Dues Payment for the 2008-2009 season is due on January 4, 2009.
Please remember that timely payments are necessary
Bob Alber at
Don't forget calendar raffle tickets are due back by December 14th, and the first drawing in January 1st.
Check the website to see if you are a winner!!!!
Modell's Team Weeks will start the day after Thanksgiving, and runs until Christmas Eve.
Still looking for Christmas stocking stuffers? Here's a great offer from the Lowell Devils to purchase tickets at a reduced rate.
Click Here to download the flyer
The Chelmsford Mite 2s entered Thanksgiving week with an undefeated record of 14-0 putting them atop the Gold North Division of the Valley Hockey league tied with Newton. Goalies Zach LeTendre and Pete Dillman have split time in net and each served up four shutouts.
Coach John Regan
The Girls U19 recently completed their regular season undefeated. The girls made it to the finals of the first annual U19 Playdowns, and finished in second place to Woburn.
Coach Dan Simard
The PP/LTS programs have 87 participants to date. The LTS program taught by Coach Mike Melisi, has been teaching skating fundamentals such as how to stand up, walk and balance on skates. The Peter Puck program being taught by John Robinson and Brad Morgan is using the fundamentals of ice skating taught to the students last year in LTS and introducing the basics of ice hockey. All are having fun while learning. LTS and Peter Puck players can expect a surprise visit from someone on December 20 and 21st.
Coach John Robinson
Dear Parents, Skaters and Friends:
Season’s greetings to all of you from the Chelmsford Hockey Association Board of Directors. With Thanksgiving behind us those of you with our travel teams (Mite through Bantam) are well into your seasons, most having played 15 or more games so far. In random order, the following are some of the things that we’ve gathered from our parent meetings and that are coming up:
· Valley League will be arranging for a second parity round in early December. This means that if your team has been facing competition that is either too easy or to hard Valley will seek to adjust the schedules accordingly.
· If your coach in our boy’s travel teams hasn’t already chosen a tournament for this season then please ask him to do so. We have budgeted into our dues one away tournament and with our decision not to host the President’s Cup tournament this year we feel that it is important for these skaters.
· Following Thanksgiving Chelmsford High School hockey takes some of our Forum ice. Just the way it has always been. Expect that more practices will be at Skate 3 and that more games will be at away rinks.
· Keep Friday, February 6, 2009 open for CHA’s Icebreaker Social (adults only). This event has always been great fun and an opportunity for us all to gather and socialize outside of the rink.
· If you haven’t recently, please check the CHA website for schedule updates. New practice and game schedules are now up through February, 2009.
· Please make every effort to get your child to practices and games on time. Regular attendance at practice is important to your child’s team, is respectful to other coaches and players and also forms the basis for how players are evaluated for placement for the next year.
· Never hesitate to call, email or let me know personally if you have thoughts as to what we as a Board of Directors could be doing better.
All for now.